Sunday, December 12, 2004

E Pluribus Duo

Another day of voting. Second round, just presidential elections. Unprecedented so far in Romania, almost all exit polls predict a very close call, 50% - 50%, give or take 0.5% That's pretty impressive, yet a huge burden on election officials; accountability is key, and - yes - every vote does count. I guess we won't know till they count the last ballot. All in all (what else is new?) I'm happy I had my share of it. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that at least 51% of Romanians finally came back to their senses.

Sources:
[English]: Associated Press
[Romanian]: www.adevarulonline.ro

P.S.Intersting fact: absenteeism was significantly high in most of the regions where the Romanian Hungarian Democratic Union (UDMR) won the Parliamentary elections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home